Fast ways to reduce your carbon footprint
The amount of information about reducing our carbon footprint is overwhelming! Do this, do that. What is a person to do, actually? We’ve picked five easy actions you can do today to reduce your carbon footprint. These actions, when done consistently, will change your life forever.
Reducing your carbon footprint is easier than you think! Here are five actions that you can do today to reduce your carbon footprint.
- Reduce. Avoid unnecessary consumption. Do you boil enough water for 6 cups when you only want one? Save yourself the water bill.
- Reuse. Buy items that are reusable and reuse them. Before you throw it away ask yourself, can I reuse this as e.g. wrapping paper?
- Recycle. Recycling reduces landfill and saves resources. Here’s a guide to recycling.
- Power shower. Shower in under 4 minutes. If you’re showering for 10 minutes, you’re wasting enough water to fill a pool over a course of a year! You can save more than 16,000 litres of water, $90 on the water bill and $150 on gas.
- Don’t flush it all away! A single flush toilet can use up to 12 litres in one flush! Reduce your flushes. Obviously don’t attempt this for number twos.
If doing all five actions sounds mentally stressful then pick one to start with and work your way up to the others. Reducing our carbon footprint can take effort to begin with but gradually over time these actions become habits. If you need a good reason to start reducing your carbon footprint take a look at these statistics on waste. Being conscious of our waste and consumption is the way forward to a happier, healthier life.
For more helpful tips, join us by entering your email address into the "Adventure with us" section here.